Social work at slum school
The Milijuli Education Program is a project in corporation with between the Nepali Milijuli Foundation and the Dutch Stichting Bombo. We are supporting those children that are not able to enroll in the regular education system because they haven’t been to school before, they have dropped out, have troubles at home or for many other reasons.
Our students are all from underprivileged families of the Sinamangal slums. In their first month, the students are observed and get their own individualized education plan. They will be prepared to get back into the regular education system but at their own pace. Besides the regular curriculum the students learn about hygiene, social skills and are motivated to develop creatively.
As a volunteer your duties would be
- Supporting teachers in classroom
- Individual help for students
- Creative activities like art, music, games and sports
- Training in special education for teachers
- Relaxation/meditation for over stimulated students
- Help make individual education program
- Psycho education