Physical education is something the Nepali schools know about in theory but do not put into practice. The children spend, besides their lunch break, all of their school day in their classrooms for 6 days a week. Even after school, most of the children do not have the opportunity to sport. Since most families are not able to afford it and do not have the knowledge about the benefits of sport.
Having a sport class will bring so many benefits for the children! Not only for the physical effects but they will also be able to concentrate better in their classes and think of the fun they will have and bonding with their classmates. That is why we need you to volunteer!
As a volunteer your duties will be
- Running 3/4 hours of sport class a day
- You prepare for the next day after your classes
- You think of sport activities according to their age
- You are able to think creatively
- You will not be able to use many props - be creative!
- Keep a report of the activities you do
- Educate the teacher about the importance of sports
- Educate the children about the importance of sports